1. Lay on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
2. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working.
3. Reread a book that once made you cry. Learn something new on every page. Notice how different chapters make you sad. Notice how the book didn’t change and grow; you did.
4. Sleep with your windows open. You can hear both the rain and boys drunkenly singing Frank Sinatra on their deck. Both are equally good.
5. Don’t forget that honey will always taste sweet, but the best way to eat it is off your fingers, laughing.
6. Remember that, sometimes, getting out of bed is enough.
not wanting to date someone because you aren’t physically attracted to them doesn’t make you an asshole
wanting to sit at home watching TV instead of hanging out with people doesn’t make you an asshole
cutting off a friendship that was not satisfying to you doesn’t make you an asshole
Pay no attention to harsh words uttered by others. Do not be concerned with what others have or have not done. Observe your own actions and inactions.
just gonna say this: if someone has social anxiety and they ask you something akin to ‘are you mad at me’ or ‘do you hate me’, it isn’t because they don’t trust you, it’s because their brain literally tells them that all the time
it’s not a personal slight, it’s insecurity caused by mental illness
"Your choice of currency should not be of paper money and golden coins but yet that of blood, sweat, and tears."